So, I was motoring around the web today thinking about how to really expand my business when I came across these basic small business statistics:
* The average failure rate for data disks and tapes is 100%
* Only 34% of companies test their tape backups, of those that do, 77% have found tape back-up failures
* 60% of companies that lose mission critical data will end up closing shop in under 6 months of the disaster
* Over 50% of critical corporate data resides on unprotected (and sometime unsecured) workstations and laptops
* At least 1 in 25 notebooks are stolen, broken or destroyed each year.
* You have a 30% chance of having a file be corrupted within a one year time frame.
* More than 22% have said backing up their PCs was on their to-do list, but seldom ever get it done
* Recovery of hard drive failure can cost upwards of at least $7,500.00 --- Not so funny thing is, *success is not guaranteed*.
* Almost all companies (93%) that are unable to access their data for longer than 10 days ended up filing for bankruptcy within one year.
* In the U.S., about 140,000 hard drives fail every 7 days.
So, if you are running a small business. Please make sure you are keeping good care of your data. If you need good *free advice* or in need of assistance, give me a call right away.
According to the National Computer Security Association, without adequate backup it takes:
19 days and $17,000 to recreate just 20 MB (MegaBytes) of lost sales/marketing data;
21 days and $19,000 to recreate just 20 MB (MegaBytes) of lost accounting data;
42 days and $98,000 to recreate just 20 MB (MegaBytes) of lost engineering data.
Make sure to take the time to backup your data today. Don't take the risk of going out of business.